We met Zbyszek (not) by chance during a tennis tournament and after a while of talking we were silenced when we started to get excited about the conversation. He told me about the speedway team he sponsors and about his wife who got a speedway tattoo on her forearm. When it turned out that Betty Rose’s birthday was coming soon, we shook hands with a teaser for an unprecedented joint project.
Soon after, we hunted down a cult base – a classic speedway moto from Godden Engineering – a company that was founded by the European speedway champion in the 70s. The standing engine (as opposed to the currently used lying ones) and the “old school” body, i.e. fenders, covers, etc., deserve attention.
The motorcycle has been completely restored, and we wouldn’t be ourselves if we didn’t add UNIQUE character to it.
The scope of work includes:
– glas blasting the engine and mirror polishing of the aluminum lids, mount plates and more,
– powder coating of the frame (which is also the oil tank) and the swingarm and front suspension,
– carburettor glas blasting,
– handcrafting a unique air filter,
– the wheels have been comprehensively restored – gained new spokes and nipples, we polished the rims and hubs,
– new gas and clutch cables,
– the tank has been glazed and has traces of use, which reminds of the history of the motorcycle,
– we made a new cap with a milled 1/1 logo
– new exhaust system made of stainless steel,
– all bolts, nuts and axles have been glass-blasted and newly galvanised,
– new UNIKAT’s paint job of fenders and covers
– leather seat upholstery and hand-braided shifters.
I wish I had a husband offering such a gifts to me 🙂